Monday, May 11, 2009

Prayer Requests for Silas - May 11th, 2009

Though Silas has shown signs of improvement since given chemotherapy, there are still many trials ahead. Bro. Buddy and Aaron Maynard donated blood for times when it was needed. We also have many others that are able to give and have it designated for him. He was in need of blood this morning and they were going to give him blood from an unknown donor. Ms. Karen requested that they did not do so, but they have given her a hard time. Bro. Buddy's blood was ready and available, it was just going to take 30 minutes to make it to where it needed to go. Please pray that they are cooperative in giving him the blood that is designated for him and not just any blood from the blood bank.

They also need much prayer regarding getting him transferred to Sacred Heart in Pensacola. They have a good cancer ward there as well. He would be much closer and it would give all of us easier access to them and Ms. Karen to the other children. They just need prayers that Shand's would be cooperative in allowing him to transfer and that Sacred Heart has a Pediatric Oncologist willing to take him on.

Right now his treatment plan is for him to have chemo 3 days in a row and take a break for 3 weeks to build his immune system back up. After that he may be able to come home for a visit. It just all has to do with how well he has handled the chemotherapy and what effect it had on the cancer. They have a long term treatment plan for him, but to begin they plan on going through that cycle a few times to get the cancer in remission Lord willing.

Bro. Buddy had a conversation with the ladies while he was donating blood that I thought would be good to share. I have copied and pasted that portion of his e-mail below.

I had an interesting conversation with a nurse at the Blood Bank there in Gainesville on Saturday morning. She told me how that when these cancer patients need new blood, they will take the contaminated blood (due to the cancer and the chemotherapy) and replace it with the donor's healthy blood. She said that they trade the sick, diseased blood with healthy, pure blood. I put a big smile on my face and told the nurse that I had that done years ago. She responded, "you had a blood transfusion?" I said to her, "yes Ma'am." I continued, "Years ago, I had sick blood that was contaminated by sin. Jesus Christ replaced that 'bad blood' with his, and since then I have been a picture of perfect spiritual health, and I have eternal life!" This black nurse smiled really big and said, "Honey chile, you shore did!" Glory to God!! As a result of this conversation and others, I preached a message Sunday morning at church on "the Blood". Praise God for the salvation, sin-cleansing, sonship, sancitification, strength, and security found in the "Blood of Jesus Christ". (Hebrews 10:19-23)

Praise the Lord for His Blood!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN. I remember when I was first saved, and Pastor Buddy was a song leader, and I remember how big his eyes would get when we'd get to singin songs on the Blood :) Praise the Lord that he's still the same Brother Buddy!

    Ms. Elsie

    ReplyDelete